Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My critique of TSA...IDK' post


















           I disagree with your commentary on the full body scans not seeing you naked. Here is a picture of one of the full body exams. This is the TSA Security Laboratory Director Susan Hallowell and you can find it on Wikipedia. I think that is crazy and a little unprofessional. She looks pretty naked to me. This could be a pretty embarrassing thing for someone. What if they were not very endowed (female or male) or they had some type of implantation. Airport security gets a pretty good idea of what you look like up close and personal. I believe this is more of an invasion of privacy than a pat down or at least equivalent.
These are virtual strip searches without probable cause which could questionably be illegal and violate basic human rights. Also, x rays produce radiation. If these things are not handled correctly could have some long term health effects as well.
        On the other hand, I can see where they are really useful. They are quick, effective, and potentially save lives. Which is more important our privacy or safety? I am leaning toward safety. I do hope the people doing the scans are not able to save the pictures. If they can’t I dont think they are as harmful. The problem you get is when you start seeing them pop on the internet like this picture.
        My last comment is your post seems a little unclear as to what’s your argument. Are you for or against the scan? How do you think the government should regulate this issue? What would you do if you were the government? I think if you just cleared up these questions you would have a stronger post. Otherwise, I liked what you had to say and I could definitely see people causing a scene. Your argument could be that the drama from the scans could be counterproductive to the so called time you are saving by having the scans....

No comments:

Post a Comment